Re: In the interest of consensus and progress on datatyping...

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 14:42:04 +0200
To: <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

> Putting on my editor's hat, and taking off my proponent's hat,
> as a means of trying to facilitate progress towards consensus
> and closure of the datatyping issues

> The first part attempts to capture the core aspects
> of datatyping which it appears the WG has reached agreement on
> and which, for better or worse, could be adopted as-is as the
> solution recommended by the WG for RDF Datatyping

I agree. I would be able to vote for part 1 (subject to future corrections
etc.)

I would tend to say "better" if the alternative is a document that has
substantially less consensus behind it.

I agree with your point that we will need to decide tidy versus untidy, but
remain of the opinion that this will be less controversial without any
global datatyping.

Jeremy