Proposed agenda item (no global datatyping)

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 11:43:00 +0200
To: <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

If the chair wishes, I would be prepare to propose the following resolution:

The WG resolves:
+ that the RDF Core Specs will include a local datatyping mechanism
+ that the RDF Core Specs will not include a global datatyping mechanism
+ to rescind the stake-in-the-ground decision
    DECISION 2002-02-22/2:
    DECISION 2002-02-22/3:
  see
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Feb/0656.html

If we were to consider this I would suggest three straw poll questions
before hand:

Qu1: who cannot live with a tidy model theory and no global datatyping?
Qu2: who cannot live with an untidy model theory and no global datatyping?
Qu3: who cannot live with no global datatyping?

My suspicion is that while many in the group have strong opinions about both
tidiness and global datatyping that a decision not to do global datatyping
reduces the tension and permits us to achieve consensus, at the cost of
doing less.

I would be surprised if we are down to fewer than one responder to each of
those, but we might find that the minorities are small enough to be
overruled without breaking consensus.

Jeremy