Datatypes direction

From: Graham Klyne <GK@NineByNine.org>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 18:12:50 +0100
To: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Cc: RDF core WG <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

In reviewing the datatypes draft, I find I'm a little confused about what
we're trying to specify.

I had the idea, reinforced by [1,2] that the current plan was to develop
Guha's [3] and Jeremy's [4] suggestions to thrash out a minimal form of
typed literals sufficient to deal with numbers and other simple values, and
leave the more difficult issues of remote typing to a later specification.

Have I misunderstood?

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Aug/0080.html
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Aug/0135.html
[3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Jul/0199.html