RE: Using XMLSchema-instance attributes in RDF/XML Syntax (fwd)

Thanks, Tom, for your comments.

I have since been playing around more with the whole issue of
XML Schema validation of RDF/XML encoded typed literals, and
have come to the conclusion that, while there are several options
that would work for either global typing or local typing, there
does not seem to be a suitable solution that will work for both
global and local typing in the same RDF/XML instance, and that
ultimately, it will end up being more work than is worth the
effort to try to employ an XML Schema validator on the RDF/XML
directly.

Rather, I feel that it will be far more productive (and correct)
to base validation on the RDF graph -- even if employing an
XML Schema validator, or some of its components, in validating
typed literals.

Feel free to have a look at the latest datatyping draft (which
is an editors work-in-progress and does not reflect the concensus
of the WG, but is merely a current proposal under discussion)
and let me know what you think.

c.f. http://www-nrc.nokia.com/sw/rdf-datatyping.html

Regards,

Patrick