namespaces and IRI updates

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 10:22:24 +0200
To: <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

The current XML namespaces 1.1 editors' draft uses IRIs and is hence
compatible with the decision we took on URIrefs (IRIrefs) as graph node

Note particularly:

IRI references which identify namespaces are considered identical if and
only if they are exactly the same character-for-character.] Case differences
and escaping differences (including case differences in escape sequences)
are therefore significant.

They do not make any reference to the IRI draft, but define IRI themselves
(not addressing issues to do with normalization - see XML 1.1 - or bidi)

I hope this goes a significant way to meeting the objections to our decision
which, as far as I recall, were based primarily on the move from URI to IRI
being too big a step for RDF Core to take unilaterally.