Re: weekly call for agenda items

I've added these to the agenda as requested.  A couple of comments below:

At 13:30 21/08/2002 -0400, Frank Manola wrote:
>Meaning of rdf:type and relationship between RDF and RDFS;  specifically,
>
>(a) must any RDF processor understand the object of an rdf:type property
>as being an rdfs:Class (and hence understand what an rdfs:Class is)?

Converting this to a test case, (which may or may not capture Frank's
intended question), I suggest that an RDF processor is not required to
conclude

   _:b rdf:type rdfs:Class .

from:

   _:a rdf:type _:b .

That is a job for rdfs reasoning on rdfs:range.

>(b) must an RDF processor that understands what an rdfs:Class is also
>understand the rest of the RDFS vocabulary?

I'm not sure how to reduce this to a test case.  If the intent is to ask
whether any processor capable of implementing the above entailment, must
implement all of the RDFS closure rules, why might we be tempted to say that?

Brian