Re: Justification for new node type

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 13:07:14 -0400 (EDT)
To: <Patrick.Stickler@nokia.com>
cc: <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

On Fri, 9 Aug 2002 Patrick.Stickler@nokia.com wrote:
> I would like the proponents of the recent proposal for
> a new datatyped literal node type to justify why URIs
> cannot be used.

I have literals nodes whose content payload might be approx 1 Gb in size.

If these values were 'URI'ified, do we have any reason to believe standard
URI libraries would be able to cope with textual URIref labels on such a
scale? Can strings of such a size reasonably be claimed to even be
RFC2396 URIrefs?

Dan