Re: toward a minimal datatypes spec: hmm...

From: Patrick Stickler <patrick.stickler@nokia.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 10:15:47 +0300
To: ext Jos De_Roo <jos.deroo.jd@belgium.agfa.com>, Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
CC: RDF Core <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>, <w3c-rdfcore-wg-request@w3.org>

On 2002-08-02 16:11, "ext Jos De_Roo" <jos.deroo.jd@belgium.agfa.com> wrote:

>>   - regular expressions
>
> that's indeed an interesting new element

With all due respect, regular expressions for defining the lexical
space of datatypes was part of the first TDL proposal.

It was removed in later versions as it was thought to be non-core.

C.f. http://www-nrc.nokia.com/sw/RDFL.html for the removed appendix.

I agree that being able to define the lexical space of datatypes
in a manner that is simple and generic -- such as by regular
expressions -- is of great utility; though I still think it is
not core to RDF Datatyping per-se, as the details of the lexical
to value mapping should IMO remain outside the scope of RDF.

Patrick