Re: schema

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 13:34:41 -0400 (EDT)
To: Frank Manola <fmanola@mitre.org>
cc: Pat Hayes <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>, <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

the problem with 'schema' used as a noun is that there are lots of
rdf docs that use RDF schema vocab in various ways, and only some of them
(intuitively) feel like things we might label 'schema'. Pinning down
criteeria for which docs 'are schemas' and which 'merely use RDFS vocab'
is pretty slippery. Not that we couldn't do it, just that we haven't yet,
and it's non-trivial.  We might try defining 'namespace' while we're at
it. The XML folk didn't have much luck with that, though...

dan