Re: The Cannes Entailment [was: Coming to grips with the entailment put forth by Jeremy]

From: Pat Hayes <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 15:12:23 -0700
To: jos.deroo.jd@belgium.agfa.com
Cc: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org
>[...]
>
>>>The Rule Fix
>>>============
>>>
>>>We build a rule mechanism, as in the know fix, into RDF.
>>
>>I think adding rules to RDF is a substantial change and out of
>>scope.  Especially this late in the WG cycle.
>
>Graham, this must be a misunderstanding
>We have already 10 RDFS-entailment and RDFS closures rules in
>http://www.coginst.uwf.edu/~phayes/w3-rdf-mt-draft-42402.html
>and at least 3 draft ones for the RDFD-MT
>that fix here is just maybe 2 extra proposed ones for the RDFD-MT

Hold on, guys. The closure rules are only a technical device in the
MT to relate different notions of entailment (in the latest draft,
posted today, Ive tried to clarify that point a bit.)

Pat
IHMC					(850)434 8903   home
40 South Alcaniz St.			(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola,  FL 32501			(850)202 4440   fax
phayes@ai.uwf.edu
http://www.coginst.uwf.edu/~phayes