towards closure of issue: rdf-namespace-change

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 11:24:40 -0400 (EDT)
To: <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

I propose we close rdf-namespace-issue as follows.

Is this enough to close the issue or does someone need to write the text
for the specs? Anyway, this should be enough for discussion at a telecon.

The RDF Core WG resolves...

- that it does NOT intend to create new namespace URI references to name
the RDF Schema namespace[1] and the RDF model/syntax namespace[2].

- that we solicit feedback during Last Call from implementors and content
  producers on this decision, acknowledging that while there have been
  changes to the specs associated with [1] and [2], there are also
  significant costs associated with moving RDF to use new URIs.
  (@@ also ptr to charter which has nice words on this tension)

- that we do not know at this stage whether the RDF Core specs will change
  further as a result of Last Call feedback, and consequently make for a
  more compelling case for namespace change.

- that the final RDF Core RECommendations will set clearer expectations
  about the impact of subsequent revisions to RDF on the use of these
  namespaces.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#
[2] http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#