RE: I-D ACTION:draft-duerst-iri-00.txt

I believe that we, RDF Core, should post a comment on this.

The issue is that our needs (use of a URI to identify) are
not adequately addressed.

My belief of the industry practice is relfected in XML Namespaces
where no canonicalization of URIs is performed. And namespaces
are identified by the exact spelling of URIs, including spelling
differences which are obviously insignificant according to
RFC 2396.

I think that we should comment that the IRI draft should clarify
and bless such a practice for IRIs.

(This issue is intertwined with comments on charmod, which has
a SHOULD link to this iri spec. In my view, that SHOULD link
has been the most problematic part for RDF Core's use of
charmod.)

Jeremy