Re: addressing requirements around daml:collection (rdfms-seq-representation)

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: 23 Apr 2002 22:38:53 -0500
To: Pat Hayes <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>
Cc: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org
On Tue, 2002-04-23 at 17:41, Pat Hayes wrote:
[...]
> >By 'ala daml:collection' I meant: including
> >the fact that first/rest are functional.
> >

> Oh, I see.  But then that is a much bigger change/extension to RDF
> than it seems, since now RDF has a way to encode functional
> properties.

It's a big change, yes. I'm not sure I'm comfortable with it.

The longhand-OK option is acceptable to me, but I dunno
if it'll fly in the WebOnt WG and community.

The other options, i.e. techniques for enhancing
the <rdf:li> style collections to express closed
lists (a) have to be at least as powerful as first/rest
in order to get the job done (I think?), and (b) look uglier.