Re: NTriples changes for URI-refs - rdf-charmod-uri

From: Dave Beckett <dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 15:23:19 +0100
To: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
cc: w3c-rdfcore-wg <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>
>>>Jeremy Carroll said:
> > I expect I need to change the definition of N-Triples in order to
> > express a resolution of rdf-charmod-uri since I noticed you (Jeremy)
> > used examples such as:
> >   <http://example.org/#Andr\u00E9> <owes> "2000" .
> >
> >   -- http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Apr/0113.html
> >
> > which is currently not allowed.
> >
> Yes, if my proposal is accepted a side effect would be a necessity
> of asking the N-triples editor to propose a suitable change to
> N-triples. The test cases may then need modification to reflect
> that change, (they currently second guess the editor's discretion).

We have already approved the 'black charmod-uri tests 1 & 2

  12: Issue: rdf-charmod-literals
  Discuss test cases in

  DECISION: Black Test Case 1&2 approved

  -- http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Apr/0112.html

(and threw out the grey ones in favour of words in the syntax WD,
that I already have added)

The issues list reports this as closed

So these two tests should be in the test suite and N-Triples thus
needs to change.

The N-Triples answers to the above tests are not in the above links.

Jeremy rewrote them inx
for the i18n wg but the latter are not yet approved, and the
discussion has stopped.

I'm mostly wondering whether to change the N-Triples language
before we make the final decision, since it seems that is the way
this is heading.