Re: NTriples changes for URI-refs - rdf-charmod-uri

From: Dave Beckett <dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 15:23:19 +0100
To: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
cc: w3c-rdfcore-wg <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>
>>>Jeremy Carroll said:
>
> > I expect I need to change the definition of N-Triples in order to
> > express a resolution of rdf-charmod-uri since I noticed you (Jeremy)
> > used examples such as:
> >   <http://example.org/#Andr\u00E9> <owes> "2000" .
> >
> >   -- http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Apr/0113.html
> >
> > which is currently not allowed.
> >

> Yes, if my proposal is accepted a side effect would be a necessity
> of asking the N-triples editor to propose a suitable change to
> N-triples. The test cases may then need modification to reflect
> that change, (they currently second guess the editor's discretion).

We have already approved the 'black charmod-uri tests 1 & 2

  [[
  12: Issue: rdf-charmod-literals
  Discuss test cases in
     http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Apr/0016.html

  See:
     http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Apr/0016.html

  DECISION: Black Test Case 1&2 approved

  ]]
  -- http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Apr/0112.html

(and threw out the grey ones in favour of words in the syntax WD,
that I already have added)

The issues list reports this as closed

So these two tests should be in the test suite and N-Triples thus
needs to change.

The N-Triples answers to the above tests are not in the above links.

Jeremy rewrote them inx
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Apr/att-0116/01-charmod-uri.htm
for the i18n wg but the latter are not yet approved, and the
discussion has stopped.

I'm mostly wondering whether to change the N-Triples language
before we make the final decision, since it seems that is the way
this is heading.

Dave