manifests and words for the test cases.

From: Jan Grant <Jan.Grant@bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 11:11:20 +0100 (BST)
To: RDFCore Working Group <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>
last telecon DanC asked, "is there a README for this [test case]"?

I'm running a little behind* but I'm hoping by the end of today to have
populated the existing test cases on a directory-by-directory basis with
manifest.rdf files that describe the existing (approved) test cases.

These will be collated into one larger file that should be readily

I'll also have some skeleton files for Jos to stick details of his
entailment tests into.

At a first pass, these are going to be fairly minimalist** but there's
room in the file for human-readable descriptions, pointers to emails,
etc. should people feel that a test case requires more description.
Again, this can be done on a directory-by-directory basis and slurped up

I'll be sticking some more words together over the weekend to revise the
existing document; this should be in an internally-reviewable state by

I'm away on Tuesday next week so, assuming things go according to
schedule, I could do with a volunteer to translate things into en_US and
check markup, etc.

* "expect the unexpected" is fast becoming my motto :-(
** minimalist = test type, status (APPROVED), related issue, input and
  output files, and an indication if a warning is to be raised.

PS. Current test-case taxonomy:

positive parser test (input: .rdf file(s); output: .nt file; optionally,
an indication of a warning)

negative parser test (input: bad .rdf file)

positive RDF-entailment test (input: .rdf (or .nt) file(s); output: file
containing a valid entailment according t the rules of RDF-entailment)

negative RDF-entailment test (as above, but the entailment does not

ditto the above two test types but using the rules of RDFS-entailment as
outlined by MT.

Jos: I think this reflects the full extent of your test cases, or are
there others? There are no DT-specific tests here.

Random act of violence against bread: whole pint.