WebOnt F2F news

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 18:22:08 +0200
To: <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

Hi

From RDFCore's point of view I think the most important thing that happened
at WebOnt F2F was agreement that OWL will be based on RDF.

The meaning of an OWL document will be carried by the RDF graph.

Any RDF/XML serialization of such a graph will be an OWL document (i.e. no
syntactic restrictions).

It was also agreed to ask RDF Core for dark triples; I guess that will come
up at the coordination group.

I didn't give the initial feedback about end markers and collections because
the agenda didn't permit adequately.
hence I ask that we drop action
2002-04-05#12:  jjc to discuss at webont f2f the end-marker

A key thing that happened (less RDF Core centric) is that webont moved from
exploring the space, to beginning on an issue driven review of DAML+OIL.
Thus we may expect OWL to look much more like DAML+OIL than earlier
discussions suggested.

Jeremy