Re: Denotation of datatype values

From: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 15:51:08 +0100
To: Patrick Stickler <patrick.stickler@nokia.com>, ext Graham Klyne <Graham.Klyne@MIMEsweeper.com>
Cc: RDF Core <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>
At 16:26 09/04/2002 +0300, Patrick Stickler wrote:
[...]
> > Given:
> > (a) The above graph is valid,
> > (b) Nothing in the above graph denotes the value 25, and
> > (c) Our shared understanding of xsd:integer lets us know that Janes ex:age
> > property is related to the value 25
> > ... then I'd say the answer to your question is no.
>
>Thanks for your clarification Graham.
>
>Anyone else have a different take on this? Does this represent
>the general consensus of the WG? Does anyone else care ;-)

I don't understand why you are asking this question.  According to the
current datatypes proposal the answer is clearly no.

The process we have agreed is that we are only going to change that
proposal in the light of agreed problems.

I don't understand how this question relates to that process.