RE: appeal for (short) test case review

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@HPLB.HPL.HP.COM>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 13:27:32 +0100
To: "Jos De_Roo" <jos.deroo.jd@belgium.agfa.com>
Cc: "Dave Beckett <dave.beckett" <dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk>, "Brian McBride <bwm" <bwm@HPLB.HPL.HP.COM>, "RDF Core <w3c-rdfcore-wg" <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

> The testcase is simply, ***does test001 RDFS entail test002***
>
> I was hoping that that was clear from my message
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Apr/0006.html
>
> [[[
(
<http://www.w3.org/2000/10/rdf-tests/rdfcore/rdfs-subPropertyOf-semantics/test001.nt>
  <http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#> )
  log:entails
  <http://www.w3.org/2000/10/rdf-tests/rdfcore/rdfs-subPropertyOf-semantics/test002.nt> .

]]]

> The answer is a simply B/W ***yes or no***

Yes it does, and I support the test case. Sorry about my earlier hiccup.

Can I suggest a minor change that in test0001.nt one of the domains and one of the ranges should be assigned to the subproperty not the superproperty. One could even add a third domain and range for the subproperty.

That's just to completely rule out any sort of non-monotonic defeasible reasoning.

Jeremy