Re: Issues status update.

From: Graham Klyne <Graham.Klyne@MIMEsweeper.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2002 20:51:03 +0100
To: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Cc: RDF Core <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>
At 06:02 PM 4/4/02 +0100, Brian McBride wrote:
>RDF Schema Issues
>     * rdfs-constraining-containers: Should it be possible to constrain
> the members of a container to be of a given type?

I have a vague recollection we'd decided to defer this one??  (i.e. that
RDFS 1.0 would provide no such capability.)

>     * rdfs-subClassOf-a-Property: Clarify whether a Property can have a
> subClassOf property, and if so, what that would mean?

Doesn't the model theory nail this down?  (If you say Property1
rdfs:subClassOf Peoperty2, then one infers that Property1 and Property2 are
[also] members of rdfs:Class, and that their class extensions are
appropriately related.)

>     * rdfs-online-char-encoding: There is problem with the character
> encoding of the online RDF Schema.

Seems like an editorial/publication detail to sort out.

>     * rdfs-clarify-subClass-and-instance: Suggestion of clearer
> discussion of use of subClass and instance relationships simultaneously.

Hmmm... editorial?

>     * rdfs-isDefinedBy-semantics: Must the value of an rdfs:isDefinedBy
> property be a schema?

I don't know:  does anyone?

>     * rdfs-editorial: General editorial comments.

I think editorial matters are most efficiently dealt with by the
corresponding editors, rather than group debate.  The group can then
comment (or not) on the result.

Graham Klyne