RE: motivation for bNodes/existentials in RDF; note for parsers

From: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2002 20:26:17 +0100
To: "Massimo Marchiori" <massimo@w3.org>, "Pat Hayes" <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>
Cc: <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>, "Dan Connolly" <connolly@w3.org>
Hi Massimo,

The WG has had an extensive discussion of blank nodes.  It was hard work
getting to a decision.  The decision however, is made, and has been for
some time.

If you have identified a specific technical objection to the decision, I'd
be grateful if you would notify us on www-rdf-comments@w3.org, as indicated
by the model theory document.

As to the charter question you raise, I disagree.  The job of this WG is to
clarify M&S; this was a question that was evidently unclear as people read
M&S different ways, and the WG has clarified it.

The model theory draft is as much a proposal as any other rec track WD that
has been through a couple of revisions, has the support of the WG and is
considered to be close to last call.

Now we are kinda busy right now, so its not a good time to go reopening old
issues.  This one has been done to death.

Brian