Re: application/rdf+xml Media Type Registration [DRAFT]

From: Graham Klyne <Graham.Klyne@MIMEsweeper.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2002 22:57:22 +0100
To: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Cc: Aaron Swartz <me@aaronsw.com>, RDF Core <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>
At 03:59 PM 3/28/02 +0000, Brian McBride wrote:
>The rdf:ID attribute can be used to identify a fragment in an RDF
>document.  In RDF, a URI with a fragment identifier names a resource.  The
>XML element  with an rdf:ID attribute whose value is equal to the fragment
>identifier in the RDF/XML representation of the resource named by the URI
>is an RDF/XML representation of that resource.

Hmmm.... I'm not sure about the *element* being a *representation* of the
resource.  A "description" maybe?  That last sentence is hard to read.  How

Within an application/rdf+xml document, a fragment identifier identifies
the XML element having the given name for its rdf:ID attribute value.

(Replacing the last sentence only.)

Graham Klyne