Re: xmlbase error1

I came to a different conclusion on reading RFC 2396.  I can see some
justification for either.

My concern, then, is that we end up specifying something that is not
obvious on reading the relevant primary specification (RFC 2396).  I don't
see it's especially important -- maybe it's better to duck this particular
issue?  Otherwise, I think we should flag any decision clearly so that
implementers don't overlook it.

At 01:36 PM 3/29/02 -0600, Dan Connolly wrote:
>On Fri, 2002-03-29 at 12:18, Dave Beckett wrote:
>[...]
> > We should not be testing for something with an undefined answer!
>
>My considered opinion is that the answer is defined by RFC 2396;
>
>  "relfile" relative to mailto:foo@bar is mailto:relfile.
>http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/20020225-f2f/irclog-2002-02-26.html#T09-02-13
>
>I regret that I cannot write a more detailed response,
>nor investigate the state of this matter (whether
>the WG has already decided on it or not) without
>putting my other obligations at risk for the
>next week or so.
>
>--
>Dan Connolly, W3C http://www.w3.org/People/Connolly/

Graham Klyne