Re: MT feedback

From: Pat Hayes <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 14:47:27 -0500
To: fmanola@mitre.org
Cc: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org
>I'd like you to resist (if possible) the feeling that some of these
>issues people are raising (like the one about literals) are issues with
>the *model theory* per se, rather than issues with *RDF* that the WG has
>to wrestle with, and figure out where we stand on them.  That's not to
>say the model theory won't help;  but if the WG is agnostic on some
>issue, it's not really a problem with the *model theory* if the model
>theory accurately reflects that.

Yes, I understand and agree. After further thought I think the MT can
stay agnostic about this particular issue without any real harm, but
I will add some explanatory text (with small examples) to the
document to help readers avoid the reefs.

>To raise a similar issue, it's going to be difficult writing a very
>convincing Primer section about reification, given our current
>understanding (to use the term loosely!) of reification (at least in my
>opinion).  If the resulting section isn't very convincing, it won't be
>an issue with the *Primer*.  GIGO, as we used to say :-)

Quite. Though GIGO sounds quite different when one is on the inside, right?

IHMC					(850)434 8903   home
40 South Alcaniz St.			(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola,  FL 32501			(850)202 4440   fax