Re: 2001-09-07#5 Literals

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 10:15:56 -0500
To: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
CC: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org
Jeremy Carroll wrote:

> Dan Connolly wrote:
[...]
> > I need direct implementation experience with whatever
> > proposal we come up with in order to be comfortable.
> > (test cases are really important for that, btw.)
>
> I think we need to agree something, and then review it in light of
> implementation experience.

That seems unwise.

These proposals are sufficiently long and complex that I'm
pretty sure it would be more straightforward to code
first and describe the code after the fact.

To be a bit more blunt: for this issue,
I'm really not interested in reviewing any
proposal that isn't backed by running code.

If the WG wants to decide something before coding,
I'll just abstain.

> Without some initial agreement it is very hard to know what we should be
> getting experience of.

For this issue, without some code, I don't see the value in any
agreement.