Re: 2001-09-07#5 Literals

From: Dave Beckett <dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 21:08:09 +0100
To: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
cc: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org
>>>Jeremy Carroll said:
> I attach a new draft of the literals text.
>
> I am hoping that this text may be agreed upon on Friday.
>
> If there are more comments before then I will have another attempt at
> consolidation.

Whoa! #2 - this is far too much to take in.
It is too early to approve it.

After a quick scan:

  * What Issues do all these points address?  Please re-order by
    issue.  If they address none, why are they there?

  * It seems to require changing existing software in unclear ways.

  * No implementations (I want more than one)

  * Hypothetical future work (stuff like "RDF Core WG
    may in future ...  One example is ").  Delete these.

  * Repeats things from other documents e.g.  "the usual XML
    processing rules" then includes some rules - should cite them

Dave