Re: 2001-09-07#5 Literals

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 13:37:47 +0100
To: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org

Bill & I:
> [8]
[...snip...]

Aaron wrote:
> seems like it applies more to RDF parser than RDF processors.

No, it is more than the parser.
*normalization* is the job of the parser.
This is true whatever the input syntax, e.g. if the input document is
not in a UCS-based encoding, then unicode NFC should be applied.

*equality* is the job of the implementation of "=" which typically is
not in the parser, since the parser does not care about equality.

I think the rest of the text is talking about the parser role using the
term "RDF/XML processor" (as distinct from RDF processors).

Jeremy