Re: RDF Schema work-in-progress, URL

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 10:24:46 +0100
To: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org

Dan

I reworked appendix A, attached, if this is any help.

(Just reflects me getting annoyed with the bugs in
http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema
which happens to be a URL in an ARP test case).

Changes from
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/Schema/20010913/
appendix a

are:

1: delete 2nd para which refers to cycles
2: globally replace " ID" by " rdf:ID"
                    " about" by " rdf:about"
                    " resource" by " rdf:resource"
3: add the xml decl with the encoding.
4: changed one of the french terms which by poor french
   suggested was wrong (isDefinedBy
estDéfiniPar - jjc
or
esDéfiniPar - old)

the old appendix A seemed to suggest
http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema
(without any encoding statement).
Unfortunately
http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema
is not legal XML.
The (omitted) XML declaration says it is in UTF-8, but the French escape
sequences are not legal UTF-8.

Jeremy