Re: Ampersand Test Case Description (was: 2001-09-21 Minutes)

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 07:49:39 +0100
To: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org
Aaron seems to think that
http://www.w3.org/2000/10/rdf-tests/rdfcore/amp-in-url/test001.rdf

contains the string '&amp;amp;'

Art's comment seems to be about the string '&#38;' which I seem to find
in the file.

I will confess to being unsure as to what is the actual string in the
file, the layers of escaping technology do add confusion; but Art's
modification makes sense to me.

Aaron, how are you looking at this file?
I am using internet explorer 5 and view source
or netscape 4.7 save to disk and then wordpad.

Art: my suggested wording is:

   Note: when a XML/HTML browser is used to display this file, an
    ampersand may be displayed and not the escape sequence:
      ampersand hash 38 ;
    In this case, please use a "view source" or a "save to disk" action.

Jeremy