Re: absolute-URIs-with-optional-fragment-identifiers

From: Aaron Swartz <aswartz@upclink.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2001 00:22:48 -0500
Cc: RDF core WG <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>
To: Graham Klyne <GK@NineByNine.org>
On Thursday, September 20, 2001, at 12:16  PM, Graham Klyne wrote:

> I find it difficult to see how we can resolve this without (a)
> disallowing "URI-view"s in RDF, or (b) undertaking a possibly
> rat-holing task of redefining the nature of URIs and
> URI-references when used with RDF, which I think may be
> stretching the charter.  However, I do think it is an important
> issue and I am open to other ideas.

Well, not resolving the issue would place us squarely in the
territory of (b), I would think.

Other options I can see:
  - Make some noise about deprecating URI-views in RDF and
politely ask people to stop using them

  - (ugly kludge) Map URI-views into some other form of URI, such as:
http://www.example.org/foo#bar
   =>
http://www.w3.org/2001/ugly-
kludge/?uri=http://www.example.org/foo&view=bar

I hold out faith for other solutions...

--
       "Aaron Swartz"      |              The Semantic Web
  <mailto:me@aaronsw.com>  |  <http://logicerror.com/semanticWeb-long>