Re: model theory publication draft

From: Pat Hayes <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 16:50:40 -0500
To: jos.deroo.jd@belgium.agfa.com
Cc: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org
>I've been testing the 12 rules in
>(we actually have 14 rules because of the 2 rules with 2 statements in
>their conclusions)

Ah, good point. Maybe it would be better to rewrite the table with 14
rules in this format. I'll do that unless anyone screams, OK?

>  and I think it all goes very well except for rule 1.
>I currently don't see how to implement that with a back-chaining reasoner.
>Any hint?

I guess I don't see what the problem is. Can you elaborate?

PS. Why do you ever need to backchain? I think you can use the rules as
though they were a production system: as soon as a LHS matches, fire
the rule (and check its not duplicating anything) then re-start
searching from the beginning of the list. If you ever get to the end,

IHMC					(850)434 8903   home
40 South Alcaniz St.			(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola,  FL 32501			(850)202 4440   fax