W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org > September 2001

Re: Agenda for RDFCore WG Telecon 2001-09-21

From: Graham Klyne <Graham.Klyne@MIMEsweeper.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 18:34:26 +0100
Message-Id: <5.1.0.14.2.20010920181639.03aa0120@joy.songbird.com>
To: bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com
Cc: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org
Since I won't be able to attend, here are my comments on these items (where 
I have any):

At 04:09 PM 9/20/01 +0100, bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com wrote:
>5: Review Minutes of previous meeting
>
>See:
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2001Sep/0180.html

OK to me.


>6: Confirm Status of Completed Actions
>
>ACTION: 2001-08-02#12 Jan Grant
>Post message to list about how EASEL uses datatypes.
>
>ACTION: 2001-08-31#2 Frank Manola
>chase Sergei for his reaction to this proposed resolution to issue 
>rdfs-no-cycles-in-subClassOf when he returns (or shortly thereafter
>
>ACTION: 2001-09-07#2 Pat Hayes
>The publication candidate draft to be clearly signalled to the WG
>
>ACTION: 2001-09-07#6 Bill dehOra
>Prepare a proposal for namespace qualification values of rdf:parseType 
>attributes upon which the group can make a decision.
>
>ACTION: 2001-09-14#1 Art Barstow
>announce testcases wd to rdf interest and rdf logic mailing lists

Yes.  (BTW, I would find it would be useful if this agendum could include 
URIs to the relevant completion items;  mostly to the a mailing list 
archive message indicating the completion noted.)


>7: Issue: rdfs-no-cycles-in-subClassOf Frank Manola
>
>Proposal: to resolve issue rdfs-no-cycles-in-subClassOf by allowing cycles
>of subClassOf properties.  The meaning of a cycle of subClassOf
>properties being an assertion that the classes involved have the same
>members.  A more formal specification of the meaning will be given
>in the model theory.
>
>Proposal: to approve the test case given in:
>
> 
>http://www.w3.org/2000/10/rdf-tests/rdfs-no-cycles-in-subClassOf/test001.rdf
>and
>   http://www.w3.org/2000/10/rdf-tests/rdfs-no-cycles-in-subClassOf/test001.nt

Looks OK to me (on cursory review).

>Question:  What about subPropertyOf?

My comment:
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2001Sep/0236.html
Pat's response:
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2001Sep/0259.html


>8: Model Theory WD
>Propose: Authorize publication of the Model theory WD at:

I'm happy to see this published, modulo Pat being happy that it is ready.

>9: Review progress with primer sub-group
>
>
>10: Review progress on Schema WD
>
>When can we have a publication candidate?
>
>
>11: Propose: approve test case given in
>
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2001Sep/0109.html

I agree both parts of Jeremy's message.

>12: Test cases that don't fit the RDF/XML to
>paradigm.

I think it's a good idea;  I don't currently have a view on how best to do it.

#g


------------------------------------------------------------
Graham Klyne                    MIMEsweeper Group
Strategic Research              <http://www.mimesweeper.com>
<Graham.Klyne@MIMEsweeper.com>
------------------------------------------------------------
Received on Thursday, 20 September 2001 14:01:23 EDT

This archive was generated by hypermail pre-2.1.9 : Wednesday, 3 September 2003 09:39:48 EDT