Re: ACTION 2001-08-24#9 : issues with containers

From: pat hayes <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 07:51:31 -0700
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Cc: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org
Just to clarify one point:

> > >The distinction
> > >between Apples and Bananas is not in the model theory,
> > >but there is a distinction: in many interpretations,
> > >their extensions are different.
> >
> > Right, and the MT indeed shows what that claim means. It also,
> > however, shows that one cannot actually state the distinction in RDF.
> > But one can state the distinction between Bag and Alt, apparently;
>
>in RDF? I'd be very surprised to learn that the distinction
>between Bag and ALT can be expressed in RDF 1.0.

I meant that the M&S seems to say that there is an intended
difference in meaning (that was my claim, I know you dispute it) ,
not that this difference could be imposed by writing other RDF
expressions (it couldn't, you are right).

Pat

(650)859 6569 w
(650)494 3973 h (until September)
phayes@ai.uwf.edu