double regrets and partial explanations...

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 04:38:52 -0400 (EDT)
To: <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

regrets...

...that the RDFS draft wasn't (isn't) done for the 6th. You can expect
something for next week's meeting.

...and that I'll most likely miss today's call, as I've an all-day meeting
that has to take precedence.

Context (explanation rather than excuse): as several of you know, I'll be
parting company with ILRT / University of Bristol at the end of this year.

I expect next year to be working on the Semantic Web more than ever
(likely from Boston and France as much as from Bristol); putting things
into place to make that a reality has, I regret to say, lately been taking
up more of my attention than my RDF Core WG duties. I hope to rectify this
asap, but in the meantime wanted to say a few words so folk don't take my
absenteeism to imply that I don't value or prioritise RDF Core's work.

This WG, in my (doubtless biased opinion) is one of the more important
Working Groups W3C has chartered in recent years; our work here is laying
some solid foundations for the looming Semantic Web. I look forward to
spending more time doing my bit...

danbri

--
ILRT/W3C