RE: About Refactoring RDF/XML Syntax Rivision 1.43

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 16:55:20 +0100
To: "Dave Beckett" <dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk>, "w3c-rdfcore-wg" <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

Dave wrote:
> The WD-to-be does not add or remove anything from the infoset - it
> currently lists various patterns of infosets that match RDF/XML.  The
> next stage is to say what bits of graph they create.  At that point
> it might be an infoset=>infoset transformation if we choose to
> continue down this route.

My point is expressed by an example like

<rdf:RDF xml:lang="fr" xmlns:rdf="..." />

which does not match the production 4.2/6.1, while being a legal empty RDF
graph.

> We furthermore have issues with xml:lang (and literals) that have not
> yet been decided.

Fine, as a WD it's OK I think, and certainly I don't want to force
resolution of issues that we have not yet properly considered.

Jeremy