Containers in RDF MT (probably off-topic)

From: Graham Klyne <GK@NineByNine.org>
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2001 14:43:50 +0100
To: Pat Hayes <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>
Cc: RDF core WG <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>
(Another not strictly WG topic for now...)

In the 28-Aug MT draft, section 4, the class extensions ISEQ and IBAG are
required toi be disjoint.  It's not clear why they need to be disjoint.

Indeed, I think this would prohibit some RDF that is arguably legitimate; e.g.

   [ a rdf:Bag ; a rdf:Seq ;
     rdf:_1 "member 1" ;
     rdf:_2 "member 2" ]

I see nothing in RDFM&S that prohibits this, and I think the resource thus
described is clearly in the class extensions of both rdf:Bag and rdf:Seq.

#g

Graham Klyne
(GK@ACM.ORG)