Re: RDFCore WG minutes for the Telecon 2001-10-26

From: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 22:06:08 +0100
To: Stephen Petschulat/CanWest/IBM <spetschu@ca.ibm.com>
CC: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org

A few comments:

Stephen Petschulat/CanWest/IBM wrote:

> 7: Propose resolution of whether graphs are sets or bags
>      pat: understands model theory will use sets
>      pat: but will allow implementers to do what they want (sets or bags)
>      jeremy: prefer clear wording w/ sets only
>      art: we should have an explicit test case showing decision
>      aaron: agenda doesn't give license to processors to double up on arcs
>      ...Confusion over what the text allows & doesn't allow...
>      frank: are you suggesting if the parser finds dups it SHOULDNT remove
> them?
>      aaron: yup
>      jos: concerns about merging of large graph datasets
>      brian: point of decision is how to treat model theory
>      brian: this is independent of parser/implemention decisions
> ACTION: 2001-10-26-#1 art: make a test case to illustrate set/bag decision

I believe we made a decision to accept the proposal in the agenda.

> 10: Status of Action 2001-08-02#7
> Dave Beckett, with help from Art and Jan, investigate how to represent
> RDF/XML grammar and the specification of the transformation of RDF/XML to a
> graph representation.
>      Closed.

The text of the syntax group's decision was:

   That we will use structured English [in the Syntax document] to
   describe the transformation from the grammar to n-triples.  The
   rule based formalism [done by Jeremy] will be used to verify
   that the structured English is correct.

>      DECISION: The following issues were removed from the WG's issue list:

The decision was that these issues will be postponed for consideration by a
future WG.  [I would expect them to remain in the appropriate section of the
issues list]

> Propose the WG RESOLVE that the following issues be closed on the grounds
> that they are resolved by the new approach taken to defining the syntax.

The WG RESOLVED that that issues

are closed on the grounds that they are resolved by the new approach taken to
defining the syntax.