Re: RDFCore WG minutes for the Telecon 2001-10-26

Stephen,

A few comments:

Stephen Petschulat/CanWest/IBM wrote:

[...]

> 7: Propose resolution of whether graphs are sets or bags
>
>      pat: understands model theory will use sets
>      pat: but will allow implementers to do what they want (sets or bags)
>      jeremy: prefer clear wording w/ sets only
>      art: we should have an explicit test case showing decision
>      aaron: agenda doesn't give license to processors to double up on arcs
>      ...Confusion over what the text allows & doesn't allow...
>      frank: are you suggesting if the parser finds dups it SHOULDNT remove
> them?
>      aaron: yup
>      jos: concerns about merging of large graph datasets
>      brian: point of decision is how to treat model theory
>      brian: this is independent of parser/implemention decisions
>
> ACTION: 2001-10-26-#1 art: make a test case to illustrate set/bag decision

I believe we made a decision to accept the proposal in the agenda.

[...]

> 10: Status of Action 2001-08-02#7
> Dave Beckett, with help from Art and Jan, investigate how to represent
> RDF/XML grammar and the specification of the transformation of RDF/XML to a
> graph representation.
>
>      Closed.

The text of the syntax group's decision was:

DECISION:

   That we will use structured English [in the Syntax document] to
   describe the transformation from the grammar to n-triples.  The
   rule based formalism [done by Jeremy] will be used to verify
   that the structured English is correct.

[...]

>      DECISION: The following issues were removed from the WG's issue list:

The decision was that these issues will be postponed for consideration by a
future WG.  [I would expect them to remain in the appropriate section of the
issues list]

[...]

> Propose the WG RESOLVE that the following issues be closed on the grounds
> that they are resolved by the new approach taken to defining the syntax.

The WG RESOLVED that that issues

  http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/#rdfms-syntax-desc-clarity
  http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/#rdfms-formal-grammar

are closed on the grounds that they are resolved by the new approach taken to
defining the syntax.