Re: RDFS spec: range/domain wordsmithing -- help needed

From: Pat Hayes <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 16:42:20 -0500
To: Dan Brickley <danbri@w3.org>
Cc: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org

>3.1.3. rdfs:range
>
>          An instance of ConstraintProperty that is used to indicate the
>class(es) that the values of a property must be
>          members of. The value of a range property is always a Class.
>Range constraints are only applied to properties.

That reads OK to me, apart from the ConstraintProperty (Havn't we
decided to trash ConstraintProperty ?). To avoid the imperative sound
of 'must', phrase it thus, maybe?:

rdfs:range

Applied to a property, rdfs:range specifies a class that the values
of the property are known to be in.
OR:
...that contains all the values of the property.

You might also add:

If several such classes are specified, any value of the property must
be in all of them.

Pat Hayes
IHMC					(850)434 8903   home
40 South Alcaniz St.			(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola,  FL 32501			(850)202 4440   fax
phayes@ai.uwf.edu
http://www.coginst.uwf.edu/~phayes