Re: Minutes: Syntax subgroup teleconf - Oct 26, 2001

From: Graham Klyne <Graham.Klyne@MIMEsweeper.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 15:59:31 +0100
To: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org
Cc: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
At 10:17 AM 10/26/01 -0400, Art Barstow wrote:
>DECISION:
>
>   That we will use structured English [in the Syntax document] to
>   describe the transformation from the grammar to n-triples.  The
>   rule based formalism [done by Jeremy] will be used to verify
>   that the structured English is correct.

I favour this approach, but I would also like to say...

>[09:23] <bwm> PROPOSE: That we will use structured English to describe the
>transformation from the grammar to n-triples.  The rule based formalism
>will be used to verify that the structured english is correct.
>[09:24] <ArtB> DB: I would be happy with that
>[09:24] <ArtB> +1 from ArtB
>[09:25] <ArtB> JCC: I would be somewhat disappointed on an emotional level
>[09:25] <ArtB> ... the lack of response so far reflects that perhas thw WG
>doesn't think my work was as important that it should be

I think this work *is* important, in the same sense that the model theory
is important.  I apologize for not (yet) finding time to properly digest
this work.  I would like to see it made available either as an appendix or
a supporting document.  BUT I don't think it's something that every reader
of the syntax specification should have to understand, hence my support for
the proposal.

<Graham.Klyne@MIMEsweeper.com>