Re: Properties not predicates (was Re: PRIMER: draft data model section)

From: Pat Hayes <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 17:55:31 -0500
To: Frank Manola <fmanola@mitre.org>
Cc: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org

>I didn't mean to suggest that the mapping to logic helped with the
>type/token business.  I meant to suggest that the mapping to logic
>illustrates that something is needed beyond nodes, arcs, and labels.
>However, it occurs to me that this may not be right, depending on
>how an arc in the graph is understood, i.e., whether the arc
>includes the two nodes at its ends or not.

Yes, and I may have been sloppy about this. I intended to use 'edge'
for the lone arc and 'triple' for the barbel. I will check the
wording in the MT document.

(We had better get this very right indeed before we try to do reification :-)

Pat
IHMC					(850)434 8903   home
40 South Alcaniz St.			(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola,  FL 32501			(850)202 4440   fax
phayes@ai.uwf.edu
http://www.coginst.uwf.edu/~phayes