Re: A strange question

Pat Hayes wrote:

> Hey, the following thought occurred to me. Is it legal to use a uriref
> in an RDF triple, where the uriref is the URL of the document in which
> the triple appears? In other words, can a piece of RDF refer to itself?
> If so, what could it possibly mean?

Does DAML do this?  Hmmm, yes it does.  In:

   http://www.daml.org/2001/03/daml+oil-ex.daml

I find:

<daml:Ontology rdf:about="">
   <daml:versionInfo>$Id: daml+oil-ex.daml,v 1.9 2001/05/03 16:38:38 mdean Exp
$</daml:versionInfo>
   <rdfs:comment>
An example ontology, with data types taken from XML Schema
   </rdfs:comment>
   <daml:imports rdf:resource="http://www.daml.org/2001/03/daml+oil"/>
</daml:Ontology>

The 'rdf:about=""' refers to current document.  Is that what you meant Pat?

Brian