Re: Concrete datatype use case

From: Graham Klyne <Graham.Klyne@MIMEsweeper.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 23:01:15 +0100
To: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Cc: rdf core <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>
At 06:39 PM 10/24/01 +0100, Brian McBride wrote:
>I would agree that having two size properties doesn't change the meaning
>in this case, but if I'm paying extra money to store or process them, then
>it matters to me.

Ah, implementation details ;-)  In such a case I think that you would pay
for a superior implementation that is able to recognize the equivalence
(through knowledge of the data typing) and only store the information once
-- possibly selecting a canonical form -- on the basis that this entails
all the other forms that might be used, assuming the data typing is the
same in all interpretations considered to be models.