Re: Properties not predicates (was Re: PRIMER: draft data model section)

From: Pat Hayes <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 23:46:40 -0500
To: "dehora" <dehora@eircom.net>
Cc: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org
>I support this as a change in specification prose.
>
>Please note there is an RDF property named "predicate"; it's used in
>reification. Changing that is a different matter.

Yes, I just remembered this myself, and agree that would be a
different matter altogether. I think I now follow Brian's earlier
message. The idea would be that subject/predicate/object are
grammatical categories for the parts of a triple, but the actual
thing indicated by the predicate - the thingie in the middle - is
called a property, right?

Pat
IHMC					(850)434 8903   home
40 South Alcaniz St.			(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola,  FL 32501			(850)202 4440   fax
phayes@ai.uwf.edu
http://www.coginst.uwf.edu/~phayes