RE: 2001-09-07#5 Literals

From: Bill de hOra <bdehora@interx.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 14:28:28 +0100
To: "'Jan Grant'" <Jan.Grant@bristol.ac.uk>
Cc: "w3c-rdfcore-wg" <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>
> Jan:
> I keep on seeing this. It isn't true. The lang tag might not cause any
> new nodes and arcs to be added, but it _does_ add information to the
> graph, because the literal node is labelled
> 	(language, content)
> and is  distinct from the node labelled
> 	(content)
> ...even if the contents are lexically identical.

Hi Jan,

Ok, you got me. The MT doesn't preclude a label with two members. But if
we can have both of those forms why not go on to have n-membered
literals (the MT doesn't preclude that either)? I guess then being in a
literal label means you're 'part' of the literal. That wouldn't rule
this label out:

do we need to sat anything about this case at the MT level, or can we
rely on syntactic restrictions along the lines of no content no literal?

bdehora at interx.com