Re: use of log:semantics

At 02:00 PM 10/19/01 -0400, Tim Berners-Lee wrote:
>It is interesting and encouraging that we have forward and backward chaining
>systems usefully using the same
>data and the same rules!

FWIW, I had a student working for me last year who wrote a simple expert
system shell using RDF for its facts and rules input... one characteristic
of this system was that it could apply both forward and backward chaining
over the same rules in evaluation of a given goal.  (I should say that that
capability was somewhat underdeveloped in the version we released when he
returned to his studies.)

<Graham.Klyne@MIMEsweeper.com>