Re: 2001-10-12#2 - review rdfs-domain-and-range TCs

From: <jos.deroo.jd@belgium.agfa.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 11:41:10 +0100
To: barstow@w3.org
Cc: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org

> WRT 2001-10-12#2 - review the test cases in:
>
>  http://www.w3.org/2000/10/rdf-tests/rdfcore/rdfs-domain-and-range/
>
> for issue:
>
>  http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/#rdfs-domain-and-range
>
> 1. test001.rdf - since RDFS:
>
>   http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/CR-rdf-schema-20000327/
>
>  already allows a property to have more than one domain, it's not
>  clear if this TC is designed to verify that or is intended to reflect
>  a WG decision.  In either case the purpose of the test case should
>  be included in the file.  See attached test001.rdf

fine, I've updated that one, however without the 2 extra triples
to "define some Classes"
(see point 3.)

> 2. test002.rdf - looks OK.  I added a Description and defined
>  some Classes for the values of the range properties.  See attached
>  test002.rdf

idem

> 3. I don't understand TC's test003.rdf and test004.rdf are supposed
>  to test so I don't approve them.

Art, the idea was that
  http://www.w3.org/2000/10/rdf-tests/rdfcore/rdfs-domain-and-range/test001.nt
and
  http://www.w3.org/2000/10/rdf-tests/rdfcore/rdfs-domain-and-range/test002.nt
and
  http://www.w3.org/2000/10/rdf-tests/rdfcore/rdfs-domain-and-range/test003.nt
rdfs-entails
  http://www.w3.org/2000/10/rdf-tests/rdfcore/rdfs-domain-and-range/test004.nt

and some evidence for that can be found at
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2001Oct/att-0016/01-etc.n3

and as you can see there is no need to "define some Classes" because
that information can be RDFS entailed

> 4. axioms.n3 - I propose that NO N3 files get approved at this point.

OK :-|

--
Jos

PS the $Id$ in the .rdf files doesn't seem to be evaluated (in the .nt it's ok)