DPH

From: Ron Daniel <rdaniel@interwoven.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 07:35:37 -0700
To: "Jeremy Carroll" <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>, <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>
Ron:
> > Canonicalizing the literal just makes things hard for the
> > DPH, which will in turn limit the use of RDF.
>
> DPH ? Perl Hacker ?

Desperate Perl Hacker. Origin of term seems to be Jon Bosak in
the original XML group, exhorting others to keep things simple
so that the DPH could write simple code to operate on XML as
strings and get reasonable results. One example of this is
that end tags must contain the element type, not just </>.
Longer, but less need use a stack to keep track of scope.
Didn't really agree with it at the time, but I do now.

Ron