Re: Resolution of: #rdfms-identity-anon-resources

From: Dave Beckett <dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 10:28:05 +0100
To: Sergey Melnik <melnik@db.stanford.edu>
cc: Graham Klyne <GK@NineByNine.org>, RDF core WG <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>
>>>Sergey Melnik said:
> It looks like it is still the case that RDF/XML syntax can only
> represent a subset of valid RDF graphs, in which there are no circles
> that contain bNodes only. If so, this limitation needs to be stressed in
> the spec(s).

It has always been the case that RDF/XML could not express what was
in the (existing) data model.  Even moreso now.  I will try to ensure
such words appear in the XML syntax document.

> An exception handling mechanism must be specified as well.

Nope - this is not a requirement, and indeed would likely need a
change or an extension to the existing syntax, which IMHO takes it
beyond this WG's charter.  A future XML syntax should have the
requirement to be able to express all (more?) models that the MT can
describe.

Dave