Re: Resolution of: #rdfms-identity-anon-resources

Sergey Melnik wrote:

> Pat Hayes wrote:
> >
> > >It looks like it is still the case that RDF/XML syntax can only
> > >represent a subset of valid RDF graphs,
> >
> > But that, I gather, is the case more generally.
> >
> > >in which there are no circles
> > >that contain bNodes only. If so, this limitation needs to be stressed in
> > >the spec(s).
> >
> > Agreed. There should be a whole little essay (in the primer?) about
> > the different notations and the relationships between them.
> >
> > >An exception handling mechanism must be specified as well.
> >
> > Why? Isn't it enough that there should be round-tripping from RDF/XML
> > -> graph -> RDF/XML?
>
> There should be, but probably won't be

why not? As long as the graph came from an RDF/XML document,
I see no reason why it can't be written back out as one.

> (unless the syntax subgroup would
> attack the issue e.g. by introducing an additional attribute for
> referencing local bNodes). Therefore, as an implementor, I'd like to
> know what to expect when I try to serialize _x --property--> _x.

Such a graph could never come from parsing RDF/XML.

I'd suggest that if somebody built such a graph thru some
API and then asked to serialize it as RDF/XML, you throw
an exception.