Re: use cases for Literal? RSS? Dublin Core? PRISM? DAML? XAP?

Jeremy Carroll wrote:
[...]
> I would not be opposed to deleting parseType="Literal"

I would prefer that to the extremely loose interpretation you're
suggesting...

> The only use case I have been told about is for cheap and cheerful tools
> which involving typing RDF in directly where people want to put some
> HTML in a value.
>
> <rdf:Description>
> <rdf:value rdf:parseType="Literal">I <EM>did</EM> tell you</rdf:value>
> </rdf:Description>

Yes, that's the use case I keep hearing too...

> In my previous ramblings on the topic, which I still owe the WG a second
> attempt at, I have suggested that:
> 1) any reasonable attempt at representing an XML Literal should be
> permissable.

Your .nt attachment suggests that represtentations that are
indistinguishable from strings are OK. That's going to far, for me.

> Taking your challenge and following 2, I attach an n-triples file.
>
> The literal, (in pieces that need to be concatenated is)
>
> "\n      Ramifications of\n         <apply xmlns=\"http://www"
> ".w3.org/TR/REC-mathml\" xmlns:dc=\"http://purl.org/metadata/d"
> "ublin_core#\" xmlns:rdf=\"http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-sy"
> " to World Peace\n    "

That doesn't make it clear that it's a parseType="Literal"
value.

That .nt file (after I put a period at the end
of the last line) also corresponds to this RDF/XML input:

<rdf:RDF xmlns="http://purl.org/metadata/dublin_core#"
    xmlns:log="http://www.w3.org/2000/10/swap/log#"
    xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#">

    <rdf:Description rdf:about="http://mycorp.com/papers/NobelPaper1">