Re: graphs are sets?! (was: rdfms-difference-between-ID-and-about (was: Issues list update/status?))

On Thu, Oct 04, 2001 at 05:05:26PM +0100, Jan Grant wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Oct 2001, Aaron Swartz wrote:
>
> > On Thursday, October 4, 2001, at 09:34  AM, Jeremy Carroll wrote:
> >
> > > I would prefer test1.nt to only have one line if they are
> > > identical. The
> > > graph is a set.
> > > A comment explaining the deletion would then be helpful.
> >
> > Whoa, whoa, whoa, I don't think we ever agreed to this. It was
> > my understanding the output was a bag (there wasn't harm in
> > doing so), but could be interpreted as a set.
> >
> > When was this changed?

I also do not recall an explicit decision on this.

The issue for this is:

 [1] http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/#rdfms-identity-of-statements

and it is under the category Issues Awaiting Consideration.

> The MT would give the same interpretation for equivalent arcs in a
> multigraph, wouldn't it?

Pat - does the MT address [1]?
~